Corporate secretary of Moscow Exchange
The Director of the Corporate Governance Department acts as Moscow Exchange’s Corporate Secretary. Administratively, he is subordinate to the Chairman of the Executive Board and, functionally, to the Chairman of the Supervisory Board. Resolutions on his/her appointment/dismissal and remuneration are taken by the Supervisory Board, which provides the necessary degree of autonomy within the framework of the Company’s management bodies.
The main objectives of the Corporate Secretary include:
- Playing a role in improving the corporate governance system and practices of all of the companies that make up Moscow Exchange Group;
- Coordination of the Company’s activities for the protection of the rights and the interests of the Company’s shareholders and, if necessary, of the shareholders/members of other Moscow Exchange Group companies;
- Effective communications with Company shareholders and, if necessary, with shareholders/members of other Moscow Exchange Group companies;
- Supporting the effective work of the Supervisory Board and of the consultative bodies of the Company’s Supervisory Board (hereinafter, the Committees of the Supervisory Board), as well as, where appropriate, the supervisory boards/boards of directors of the companies of the Moscow Exchange Group;
- Participation in the disclosure of information about the Company.
The Corporate Secretary organises annual monitoring of corporate governance practices within Moscow Exchange Group and the internal assessment of the efficiency of the Supervisory Board.
Mr Alexander Kamenskiy has been the Corporate Secretary of the Exchange since December 2013.
Alexander Mikhailovich KAMENSKIY
Corporate Secretary of Moscow Exchange
He was born in Moscow in 1982.
He graduated (cum laude) from the Law Faculty of Moscow Lomonosov State University in 2005 with a degree in Jurisprudence. He is also a graduate of the Leadership Programme at the INSEAD Business School. In 2014, he received a Director Certificate from the British Institute of Directors.
He won the Director of the Year prize awarded by AID and RSPP in the category Corporate Secretary in 2015 and the 12th ARISTOS-2014 Award as the Best Corporate Governance Director. In 2014 and 2015, he was ranked first in the top 1,000 Russian managers of financial companies in the category Corporate Governance Directors.
- Since 2013: Director of the Corporate Governance Department and the Corporate Secretary of Moscow Exchange.
2012–2013:Head of the Corporate Governance Centre and the Corporate Secretary of PJSC MDM Bank. 2011–2012:Corporate Governance Manager and the Corporate Secretary of PJSC Enel Russia.
He does not own any shares in Moscow Exchange or in its subsidiaries or affiliates. He has no family relations with any members of the management and/or supervisory bodies of Moscow Exchange. He made no transactions in the shares of Moscow Exchange in 2015. Over the past five years, he has not been a member of any management bodies in other companies.