General meeting of shareholders
Moscow Exchange’s General Meeting of Shareholders is the Company’s supreme governing body. General meetings adopt resolutions on strategic issues. The scope of questions related to the terms of reference of General Meetings of Shareholders is determined by the Federal Law on Joint Stock Companies and the Exchange’s Charter.
Moscow Exchange’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders was held on 28 April 2015 (two months earlier than the generally accepted practice). This allowed Moscow Exchange to improve the efficiency of its interactions with its shareholders and advisory companies on voting matters, and to adopt the following decisions early:
- approving Moscow Exchange’s annual report for 2014;
- approving a new edition of Moscow Exchange Charter subject to amendments in the legislation and in the field of corporate governance;
- adopting new editions of the Company’s Provisions on the General Meeting of Shareholders and the Supervisory Board;
- approving the compositions of the Supervisory Board and the Revision Commission;
- approving a new edition of the Regulations on Remuneration and Reimbursement of Members of the Supervisory Board of the Exchange and making decisions on the payment of remuneration to the members of the Supervisory Board and the Revision Commission for 2014;
- approving transactions with Moscow Exchange’s subsidiaries and regular business partners that are, in accordance with the current legislation, interested-party transactions;
- approving Ernst & Young Vneshaudit, representing one of the world’s largest international accounting firms, as the company’s auditor for 2015;
- adopting a resolution on profit distribution and dividend payments for 2015, with the dividend amount standing at RUB 3.87 per ordinary share.